Wednesday 15 February 2012

Romance is dead...

Well it's not dead, but possibly in need of life support in this house!  Paul had forgotten that it's our 10th wedding anniversary this year and has arranged to go on his annual boys' golf weekend on the weekend of our wedding anniversary.  After much deliberation I told him he could go but that it was going to cost him.  When he asked what it was going to cost him I replied "diamonds"!!  One of his friends did suggest I could go with them and caddy for Paul.  Strangely enough I declined this "kind" suggestion.

Valentine's Day is always a bit of a non-event in our house.  I do think that having one day when you're supposed to tell someone you love them is a bit silly when you should really be doing that more frequently once a year!  Added to that is the fact that the one and only time Paul and I went out on Valentine's Day itself for a meal, we had the worst meal we've ever had.

This year though Paul managed to surpass himself by leaving the purchasing of a card until the day before. Needless to say he was in a bit of a rush and the selection of cards was less than impressive however I'm not sure that excuses this error


Oops!  It's a good job I've got a sense of humour.  Mind you I don't know why I was even surprised as the very first Valentine's Day that Paul and I were together he forgot completely.  How we've made it to our 10th wedding anniversary is a miracle!!

Right I'm off to choose some diamonds...

No comments:

Post a Comment